Hacking skills and Tools
Hacking Skills and Tools are the vital and foremost thing to learn Hacking.
Hacking is among the most skilled information technology disciplines; it requires a wide knowledge of digital networking, programming virtualization, security concepts, web applications, and so on. A hacker should also know how to operate Linux (Kali
Linux) and other operating systems.
Programming languages used in Hacking Skills and Tools
- It is a vocabulary and set of grammatical rules for instructing a computer or computing device to perform specific tasks.
- Examples of programming languages include BASIC, C, C++, COBOL, Java, FORTRAN, Ada, Pascal, PHP, and so on.
- Generally, programming languages are divided into two categories according to their interpretation:
- low-level language.
- high-level language.
Low-level language in Hacking Skills and Tools
- A low-level language is designed to operate and handle the entire hardware and instructions set architecture of a computer directly.
- It considered being closer to computers.
- The prime function is to operate, manage, and manipulate the computing hardware and components.
There are two types of low-level languages:
- machine language (machine code)
- assembly language
Machine language (machine code)
- Machine language was the first type of programming language to be developed.
- It is basically the only language that a computer can understand.
- It is represented inside the computer by a string of binary digits (bits) 0 and 1. Here, 0 stands for the absence of an electric pulse and 1 for the presence of an electric pulse.
Assembly language in Hacking Skills and Tools
- Assembly language was developed to overcome some of the many inconveniences of machine lan8uage.
- In this language, operation codes and operands are given in the form of alphanumeric symbols instead of 0s and 1s.
- These alphanumeric symbols can have maximum up to five-letter combinations, for example, ADD for addition, SUB for subtraction, START, LABEL.
- Because of this feature, it is also known as a “symbolic programming language.”
High-level language (HLL) in Hacking Skills and Tools
- A high-level language is any programming language that enables the development of a program in a much more user-friendly programming context and is generally independent of the computer’s hardware architecture.
- It has a higher level of abstraction from the computer and focuses more on the programming logic, rather than the underlying hardware components, such as memory addressing and register utilization.
Language translator in Hacking Skills and Tools
- A language translator translates instructions that are written in the source code to object code, that is, from high-level language or assembly language into machine language.
- It is also called a language processor.
- Depending on the programming languages, the language translator is divided into three types: compiler, interpreter, and assembler.
- An assembler translates assembly language program (source codes) into a machine language program (object codes).
- The original assembly language program codes are called source codes, and after translation, the final machine language program codes are called object codes.
- It is the translator program for a low-level programming language.
- A compiler translates a high-level language program into a machine language program. While translating, it checks the syntax (grammar of the source code) and translates it into the object code in a single attempt.
- If any error is found, the compiler produces syntax errors and causes of the errors.
- The source code file must be syntax error-free for the complete compilation process.
- Examples of compilers are C, C++, Visual Basic, Java, and so on
- An interpreter translates a high-level language program into a machine language program, one instruction at a time.
- Unlike the compiler, it translates and executes one statement at a time before moving to another.
- If any error is encountered, the translation is halted and an error message is displayed.
- Examples of interpreters are Python, BASIC, Ruby, and so on.
Debugging is the process of finding and fixing bugs (errors) within the program that prevent the correct operation of computer software or a system.
Programming languages for Hackers
|Programming languages||Description||Use in hacking purpose|
|HTML||Writing Webpages||It helps in understanding web actions response, and logic. Writing and interpreting HTML makes it easy for you to identify and exploit weaknesses in the code.|
read saved cookies and perform cross-site scripting and so on.
|PHP||Server-side Scripting Language||It is used to process HTML forms and perform other custom tasks.
It is also used for modification settings on a web server and makes the server vulnerable to attacks.
|SQL||Database Scripting||It is used basically for SQL
injection, to bypass web
application login algorithms that are weak, delete data from the
database, and so on
|Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl||High-level programming languages||These programming languages are used for developing automation
tools and scripts.
|C and C++||High-level programming languages||C is used in system programming. and C++ is used in system object
programming. Both are used for writing exploits and shellcodes.
|Java, C Sharp, Visual Basic, VBScript||High-level programming languages||Java is used in Internet-oriented programming, C Sharp is used as common language infrastructure,
and Visual Basic and VBScript (only in Microsoft Windows OS) are used in component object model (COM) programming.
Hacking tools are a pre-programmed tool/software to assist with hacking or a piece of software that can be used for hacking purposes.
Commonly used hacking tools
|Kali Linux||It is a security-focused operating system packed with distribution and interface tools.
You can run off a CD or USB drive, anywhere With its security toolkit, you can crack Wi-Fi passwords create fake networks, and test other vulnerabilities.
|Metasploit||It is used for pentesting or hacking a framework.
It is essentially a computer security project
|WireShark||lt is a web vulnerability scanner. lt essentially captures data packets in a network in real-time and then displays the data in a human-readable format.|
|Burp Suite||It is used to map out and list the different parameters and pages of a website by examining the cookies and initiate connections with applications residing on the website.
It is basically a web application vulnerability scanner.
|Nessus||It is a vulnerability scanner.
lt can scan multiple types of vulnerabilities that include remote access flaw detection, misconfiguration alert, denial-of-service against TCP/IP stack, preparation of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard(PCI-DSS) audits, malware detection, sensitive data searches, and so on.
|Netsparker||It is a web application scanner that finds flaws such as SQL injection and local file induction suggesting remedial actions in a read-only and Safe-Way.|
|Angry IP Scanner||It is used to scan IP addresses and ports to look for doorways into a user s system.
It is open-source and cross-platform software and one of
|NetStumbler||It is a Windows tool to find open wireless access points.
It is used for wardriving, verifying network configurations, finding locations with a poor network, detecting unauthorized access points, and more.
|Aircrack||It cracks vulnerable wireless connections.
It is powered by WEP WPA and WPA2 encryption keys.
|Nmap||Network mapper is used to scanning ports and map networks.
It uses raw iP packets in creative ways to determine what hosts are available on the network, what services (application name and version) those hosts are providing
|SQLmap||It is an open-source penetration testing tool that automates the process of detecting and exploiting SQL injection flaws and taking over of database servers.
It can perform six SQL injection techniques: Boolean-based blind, time-based blind, error-based, UNION, query-based,
It has full support for MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, IBM DB2, SQLite, Firebird, Sybase SAP MaxDB, HSQLDB, and Informix database
|Cain and Abel||It is a password recovery and hacking tool primarily used for Microsoft Windows OS.
It helps with password recovery by cracking encrypted passwords using a few brute force methods such as the dictionary method.
It can also, record VolP conversations and recover wireless network keys
|John the Ripper||It is a password cracking tool that uses
dictionary attacks. It can also be used to
perform a variety of alterations to the dictionary
|Medusa||It is an online brute-force, speedy, parallel
password cracking hacking tool.
|PuTTY||It is an open-source terminal emulator, serial
console, and network file transfer application.
These common hacking tools are used by both cybercriminals and ethical hackers to infiltrate or to protect a system, respectively.